First I’d like to thank Conjure Crafts for inspiring me to create a personal manifesto because of [this blog post.]
Thinking about everything I want to include is this post has made me realize that it’s best that I split this up. Part 1 will include the Manifesto and additional goals. Part 2 will include more details on how I plan on completing the additional goals. This post and part 2 compliment [the video I made stating my manifesto.] Pretty much everything that’s in the video will be in this post, just with less arm waving. 😉
2009 Manifesto – Pwning Life
My name is Casey Payne. I was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 1979 on November 25th. I’m 29.
Last year on or around January 18th I had the idea for a book… A movement! I called it “Pwning Life.” This will make perfect sense to internet people and gamers, but let me explain it to everyone else. Take a look at these photos:
Now take at look at the same photos with my notes:
Pwning Life is going to bring different thoughts to mind to different people, but I’ve created 4 general categories (with a possible 5th now the arts):
- Spiritual / Knowledge
- Relationship (family, friends, partners, coworkers, etc.)
I’m confident that I’m actively pwning three of those categories.
Spiritual / Knowledge – I’m a Daoist who has answered all the big questions for himself and has a solid spiritual based to work from. I’m also pleased with where I am in my pursuit of the limitless (knowledge).
Health – I always feel out of shape, but I’m running regularly, I’m training BJJ and I’m teaching a class once a week on Sundays. I’m also planning on taking up yoga and participating in [Crossfit] this year.
Relationships – At least once a week there’s a time and place for all of the Milwaukee crew to get together. I talk to both my mom and pops at least once a week. I’m pretty good about keeping up with my bro. And my “love life” seems to be taking shape.
I still have work to do in the above categories, but I’m definitely on the pwning side as opposed to the getting pwned side. That leaves me with finances…
Pwning Finances – The Plan
I’ve been getting pwned by finances pretty much my whole life. This year I’ve decided to put an end to the cycle. Here’s how I’m going to do it:
- Use the skills I’ve learned from the book [“Your Money or Your Life”] to track, categorize and reflect on all money coming in and going out. I will also be an active contributor to the [Financial Integrity] Wiki.
- Find or create a model to make what I do online profitable AND inline with my values.
- Get another part-time job if I need to.
- Put the finishing touches on a business I’ve been studying and working on for over 3 years (it’s a [trade exchange] if you’re curious).
- Do more consulting in the social media space.
- Take care of everything I need to do to purchase my mother’s house (the house I’m living in right now).
If I complete the things listed above I’ll feel like I’m on the pwning side of finances which would make me feel like I was pwning life full circle. At that point I would feel comfortable releasing a book titled “Pwning Life” (a guide for pwning 🙂 ).
I have some one time goals for the year along with some monthly/weekly/daily goes. I’ll list them here:
- Attend [SXSW]
- Attend the first [MLG] event or the year
- Organize a YouTube Midwest Gathering
- Have an MMA fight
- Make a trip back to Taiwan
- Attend [my Taichi Teacher]‘s summer camp
- Good another year without missing a [Spreenkler.]
- Organize a [TEDTalks] monthly group
- Continue organizing [Drink ‘n Pwn] events
- Do a “Your Money Or Your Life” review of finances
- Continue and expand my Taichi push hands class
- BJJ 3 or more times a week
- See my Little ([Big Brothers Big Sisters]) EVERY week (even if I just stop by his house)
- Practice the piano
- Do laundry
- Tidy/Organize house
- Express self artistically (drawing, painting, etc.)
- Write a rap or some poetry
- Try a new recipe (step up cooking game)
- Review a book
- Take GF out on a “date”
- Write a little bit towards a finished book (on Bipolar disorder or Pwning Life)
- Prepare one meal other than breakfast
- Run (almost daily)
- Meditate twice a day (I practice [TM])
- Stretch (even if just a little bit)
- Prepare oatmeal or something for breakfast
- Update money tracking (almost daily)
- Play video games 🙂
Part Two Up Next
I’m going to take them seriously, but the additional goals are side goals to the main thing: finance. I’ll explain how I plan on knocking out the other goals in part 2. 🙂